Studying abroad in Canada can be one of the best decisions in one’s life. Canada is the perfect study destination for Mechanical Engineering. With high-ranking universities and a unique approach to education, Canada has everything one needs to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada as Universities in Canada are among the best in the world.
They provide the best engineering degrees in a variety of fields. Read our blog further to know more as you plan to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada for 2023.
- Why Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada? Top Reasons
- Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada: Undergraduate Programs
- Masters | MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Top Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada
- How much does it cost to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada for International Students?
- Scope of Mechanical Engineering in Canada: Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Canada
- Conclusion: Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- FAQs on Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada
Why Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada? Top Reasons
Canada is one of the developed countries that are ahead of the curve in terms of development. Students studying mechanical engineering in Canada may experience several benefits.
Some of the reasons to study mechanical engineering in Canada are:
- High number of mechanical Engineering graduates from Canadian Universities. Every year, over 3,000 mechanical engineers graduate from the best Canadian universities.
- High Employment opportunities for graduates. Mechanics are employed in a variety of industrial fields. The top employers for mechanical engineers in Canada include reputable companies.
- Globally recognized Canadian degree. Canadian Education qualification is the most respected and is known worldwide. Students can study and work in any corner of the world with a Canadian Educational degree.
- Top ranking Universities to study. Canada has various universities that are on the high-ranking list to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada.
For more details, read our dedicated blog on Study in Canada from Nepal | A Complete guide for Nepalese Students
Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada: Undergraduate Programs
Students wishing to study bachelor’s or Undergraduate programs in mechanical engineering positions must hold a bachelor’s degree and certification. The typical length of a bachelor’s degree program is four years. The curriculum for these four years emphasizes physics, thermodynamics, risk management, and renewable energy.
Some of the Bachelor’s degrees to study Mechanical engineering in Canada at top universities along with time duration and tuition fees are:
|S.N||Universities||Programs Offered||Time Duration||Tuition Fees (First Year)|
|1.||University of Waterloo||Bachelors of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering||5 years||CAD 56,000 to 59,000|
|2.||University of Alberta||BSc in Mechanical Engineering||4 years||CAD 39,000 to 42,000|
|3.||McGill University||BEng in Mechanical Engineering||4 years||CAD 48,000 to 51,000|
|4.||York University||Mechanical Engineering (BEng)||4 years||CAD 34,000 to 37,000|
|5.||Ryerson University||BEng in Mechanical Engineering||4 years||CAD 37,000 to 40,000|
|6.||Concordia University||Mechanical Engineering (BEng)||4 years||CAD 23,000 to 26,000|
|7.||Lakehead University||Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering||4 years||CAD 32,000 to 36,000|
|8.||University of Ottawa||BASc in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management and Entrepreneurship Option||4 years||CAD 51,000 to 54,000|
|9.||University of Toronto||Bachelors of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering||4 years||CAD 61,000 to 64,000|
|10.||McMaster University||Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical Engineering and Management||5 years||CAD 54,000 to 58,000|
Eligibility Requirements for Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering in Canada
When it comes to international students, mechanical engineering universities in Canada have special requirements. However, the following are some fundamental eligibility criteria for undergraduate mechanical engineering in Canada.
- Academic requirements: Completion of higher secondary school or Class XII with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics (including calculus).
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6.5, TOEFL (internet-based) 122, CAE (C1/C2) 180.
For more information, IELTS Requirement For Canada Student Visa from Nepal
Documents Required for Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- High school certificate
- Other academic transcripts include entrance cards and 10th-grade mark sheets.
- Exam results
You might want to know about Top Canada Student Visa Rejection Reasons
Masters | MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
Studying for a Masters or MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada lasts one to two years. The program combines solid mechanics, thermofluids, material science, and computer-aided design approaches in particular.
Some of the master’s or post-graduate degrees to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada at top universities along with time duration and tuition fees are:
|S.N||Universities||Programs Offered||Time Duration||Tuition Fees (First Year)|
|1.||University of Toronto||Master of Applied Science in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering||2 years||CAD 61,000 to 64,000|
|2.||University of Waterloo||Systems Design Engineering – MASc||16 months||CAD 20,000 to 23,500|
|3.||McMaster University||M.A.Sc in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 19,500 to 22.000|
|4.||University of Windsor||Master of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 14,000 to 17,000|
|5.||University of Victoria||Master of Engineering (MEng) in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 4.500 to 7,000|
|6.||University of British Columbia||Master of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 8,000 to 12,00|
|7.||Memorial University of Newfoundland||MEng in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 5,000 to 8,000|
|8.||University of Calgary||Master of Science in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering||2 years||CAD 8,000 to 12,000|
|9.||University of Alberta||MSc in Mechanical Engineering||2.5 years||CAD 8,000 to 13,000|
|10.||Ryerson University||Master of Applied Science in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering||12 months||CAD 23,000 to 28,000|
- Best Aerospace Engineering Courses in Canada | Study Aerospace Engineering in Canada
- Study Biomedical Engineering in Canada
- Best Engineering Colleges in Canada
- Study Agriculture in Canada from Nepal: Top Courses, Colleges, Fees
Eligibility Requirements for MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
There are several particular qualifying requirements for overseas students in Canada. Students from non-native English-speaking countries must also present TOEFL, CAE, and other English proficiency exam scores.
- Academic qualification: A four-year bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required (out of 4.0). This is comparable to a percentage of 78 – 81% and a grade of B.
- English language Proficiency: TOEFL (iBT) 95/PBT-580, IELTS 6.5, and PTE 63 are the minimum scores.
Documents Required for MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
Some of the necessary documents required for an MSc in mechanical engineering in Canada are:
- During the admissions process, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Evidence of English language proficiency tests
- Evidence of job experience (if any)
- All postsecondary education academic transcripts
- Recommendation letters | Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Everything about Masters in Canada
- Study Masters in Computer Science in Canada
- Study Masters in Digital Marketing in Canada
Top Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada
Some of the top mechanical engineering universities in Canada with their QS Ranking for Mechanical Engineering programs are
|S.N||Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada||QS Ranking|
|2.||University of Calgary||9|
|4.||University of Alberta||7|
|6.||University of Montreal||5|
|7.||University of British Columbia||4|
|8.||University of Waterloo||3|
|10.||University of Toronto||1|
- Top Universities In Canada: 2023 Intake Preparation
- Top Universities In Canada For Better Opportunities
- Study in Mohawk College in Canada for International Students
- Study in Seneca College Canada | Apply for 2023 Intake in Canada
- Study In Canada With Many Courses And Universities To Choose From
- Study in the University of Winnipeg in Canada
- Top 5 University For MBA In Canada
How much does it cost to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada for International Students?
Tuition for undergraduate or bachelor’s degrees ranges from CAD 36,000 to 60,000 per year. Whereas the costs for MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada range from CAD 4,000 to 32,000 annually.
However, the total cost to study mechanical engineering in Canada for international students varies per university, course, level of study, and subjects within.
Scope of Mechanical Engineering in Canada: Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Canada
Canada has a wide range of employment opportunities for students as they graduate. Some of the Mechanical Engineering jobs in Canada are
|S.N||Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Canada||Annual Salary|
|1.||Junior Mechanical Engineer||CAD 55,000|
|2||Mechanical Engineering Technician||CAD 43,000|
|3.||Mechanical Engineering Technologists||CAD 50,000|
|4.||Senior Project Manager||CAD 49,000|
|5.||Mechanical Maintenance Engineer||CAD 63,000|
|6.||Mechanical Design Engineer||CAD 60,000|
|7.||Project Manager||CAD 44,000|
|8.||Mechanical Engineering||CAD 68,000|
Conclusion: Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada
Students from all around the world come to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada. Canada provides many job options, and education is at the top of the list. Canada provides all that students require in terms of high-ranking universities and facilities.
While studying Mechanical Engineering would offer you a better opportunity in the future, you must know what you need to apply for because the application procedure is not as simple as it appears. Consult with the Canadian Study Center; we can assist you in preparing to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada from Nepal.
Learn more on:
FAQs on Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada
Some of the top universities to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada are:
University of Waterloo
University of Windsor
University of Victoria
The country has a strong job market in this field. After graduation, students can simply obtain a job and a work visa. Yes, Canada is a great choice to study Mechanical Engineering.
Western Canada has the greatest need for mechanical engineers out of all the provinces. Right now, British Columbia and Alberta provide the strongest employment possibilities. For mechanical engineers, Ontario, particularly the Greater Toronto Area, provides possibilities.
Some of the mechanical Engineering jobs in Canada are:
Junior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Project Manager
Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer